The news: Unity Spiritual Center has purchased new video curriculum for SpiritGroups!
So, now, as a returning host, you have more choices in content for your group in the fall. Your choices are:
- NEW…“The Five Principles: A Guide to Practical Spirituality.” This series provides tools for daily living and suggests answers to the great questions of existence that humans have been asking since the dawn of conscious awareness. Based on the book by the same name by Rev. Ellen Debenport, this series poses questions such as: What is this greater Presence that we sense around us? Who and what are we? and many more… (For returning hosts).
- NEW…“Your Twelve Mystical Powers” offers a fun and practical approach to discovering your innate spiritual faculties. Based on the book, “The Twelve Powers” by Charles Fillmore and the companion book, “Christ Enthroned in Man” by Cora Fillmore, this series walks you through each of the “Twelve Powers,” each representing a divine quality that can be called upon and practiced as a part of our spiritual growth and development. (For returning hosts)
- “NEW…Explore as a group the spiritual message from the previous Sunday’s talk at Unity Spiritual Center. Together, you will dive deeper into the content shared by either of our co-ministers using thought-provoking questions provided. What a great way to increase your understanding as well as further your learning and application of spiritual principles! (For returning hosts)
- “Thy Will Be Done” is a great kick-off for new hosts and small groups, introducing members to the 5 Spiritual Disciplines which, when kept in balance, contribute to ongoing and long-lasting spiritual growth. (For new hosts as well as returning hosts)
During the day and time you have chosen:
- Week of September 11: Kickoff Week! (Groups get to know each other, learn about what to expect and discuss group agreements. Sample agenda & handouts provided in Host Packet)
- Week of September 18: Introduction to the Series Content (Video Segment 1 & Facilitator Discussion Guide provided in Host Packet)
- Weeks of September 25 — Week of October 23: Curriculum and discussion (Varies depending on what content you have chosen)
- Week of October 30: Service Projects (Groups perform service projects based on what the group decides)
- Week of November 6: Small Group Social (Groups have social event based on what the group decides)
- Week of November 13: Community Celebration (Party to celebrate, reflect and begin signups for next series!)