Leadership during this time of transition…
Transformational Speaker Series: Every Sunday at 10 a.m. via livestream and in-person, we have a Transformational Speaker sharing their inspiring message based on Unity and New Thought principles and teachings. For more information on our upcoming speakers, check out our calendar.
Transition Team: This volunteer team consists of the team leaders of our various committees and ensures our ministry continues to run smoothly as we find our new minister.
Currently the Ministerial Role is being fulfilled by the following teams and staff:
- Sunday Service Team: Manages and coordinates Sunday services, which are offered via livestream and in-person at 10 a.m. on Sundays and special holiday services.
- Adult Spiritual Education Team: Oversees our small group ministry, classes and SpiritGroups.
- Board of Trustees: Provides general oversight for the personnel management and financial well-being of our ministry. Contact Board@unityspokane.org for more information.
- Interim Administrator, Amber McKenzie: Oversees daily operations, staff and performs administrative functions. Contact Amber McKenzie at email@example.com for more information.
- Pastoral Counseling, Rev. Jackie Green: Rev. Jackie Green handles our youth program and pastoral counseling. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Rev. Jackie Green, Youth & Family Minister
Jacolyn Green, aka Jackie, has been a member of Unity since 1972. Beginning in 1973 as a volunteer with Unity youth, she evolved into serving as Youth Education Director and later Youth of Unity (YOU) sponsor with her husband, Wayne. In 1979 she was hired by the Northwest Region of the Association of Unity Churches to serve as Youth Education Consultant (YOU/Uniteens), a role that she continues to hold.
In 1981 Jackie expanded her focus when she was hired as Director of Youth and Family Ministry here at our center. In 1985 Jackie became a Licensed Unity Teacher. In 1993 she was certified as a Spiritual Educator (Director, Children, Uniteens and YOU). A graduate of the Association of Unity Churches Field Licensing Program, Jackie was ordained as a Unity Minister in 2004.
Jackie was born and raised in Chickasha, Oklahoma. Receiving her Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Therapy from Oklahoma College for Women in 1959, Jackie worked for Wichita, Kansas and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma school districts, as well as Dr. John Boland Clinic as a speech therapist.
Rev. David McClure, Minister Emeritus
David was the former senior minister at Unity of Spokane, from 1975 to 1983. He has also ministered to Unity congregations including Vancouver, B.C., Sydney, Australia, Honolulu, Hawaii, San Francisco, Dallas, and Kailua. He and his wife, Donna, also a Unity minister, returned to Spokane in 2009. David was invited to become the Associate Minister at Unity Spiritual Center Spokane in September of 2011. In 2013, David once again became the Senior Minister.
David was President of the Association of Unity Churches in 1980 and has served on the International Board of Trustees for the Association for six years. He was the Northwest Regional Representative from 1978-80. David has been a member of various Unity committees and teams, and he is a graduate of the Unity Executive Institute.
David brings his own style of humor, insight, and inspiration to the work he loves so much. Currently, he is writing a book.