Here are the dates you’ll want to add to your 2018 calendar regarding SpiritGroups: The Power of 8!
You’ll find more details regarding each event below…
Trainings: Powering Up/New Hosts Sunday, January 7 in Chapel (1230 – 330)
Connection Event/Sign-ups begin Sunday, January 14 in Chapel (10ish & 12ish)
Winter series launches! Week of January 28
The Power Process In Action (8wks) Week of February 4 thru week of March 25
Service Week Week of April 1
Social week Week of April 8
Community Celebration & Connection Event Sunday, April 15 after second service
Spring series launches! Week of April 22
Trainings (January 7)
- All hosts will need to attend the first portion (the Powering Up process) beginning at 1230. Anyone hosting will need to attend this, even if they’ve hosted a SpiritGroup in the past.
- As soon as that is done, the New Host Orientation & Training will start for those that are interested in hosting and haven’t done it before. A person is qualified to be a new host once they have been a participant in a SpiritGroup for at least one series.
- Most likely we’ll wrap up before/by 330pm, if the room is available until then (Rebecca?). Originally I had booked the Chapel until 230pm.
Connection Event/Sign-ups (January 14)
- At the Connection Event, all available hosts will gather for people to meet who are interested in joining a group.
- They will be in the Chapel both between services and after the 11am service.
- David Leinweber & I will be available also to register new folks and help people “express interest” in a group through the database.
- Hosts will have a maximum number of 8 people signed up for their group.
Winter series Launches (Week of January 28)
- All groups will go over the 5 spiritual practices of a SpiritGroup, discuss group agreements and get to know each other a bit.
- This is the perfect week for someone to check out a group. No commitments.
The Power Process in Action (Week of Feb 4 – Mar 25)
- This is when all groups begin to dive into the Power of Eight process.
- A new person may join a group this week but not after this week. In order for someone to be in a group, they must have attended either the Launch Week or this first week (Feb 4).
- Groups meet for 8 weeks, one week per member of the group to share their intention.
Service Week (Week of April 1)
- Each group decides on and coordinates a service project in the community (either outside of Unity or something to serve Unity).
- They can do it this week, if they haven’t already done it.
Social Week (Week of April 8)
- Each group decides on and has a social — a potluck, dinner out, bowling, sledding etc.
- They can do it this week, if they haven’t already done it. Some groups combine service and social.
Community Celebration & Connection Event (Sunday, April 15)
- This is when the who community comes together to not only celebrate the end of the series but to also meet the hosts of the next series and signup for a new group.
- Because the two series’ are back to back, we combine these two events and maximize the momentum!
PLEASE NOTE: Right now, it’s time to line up hosts.
Please be on the look out for and suggest to those you think would be a good host to contact me, including yourself! 🙂
Also, please let me know if you have any questions or need other information.